Friday 12 September 2014

Expect goals!

I hate the international break. And back to back away games. It seems to have been such a long time since I've enjoyed that Friday night feeling of anticipation prior to a Saturday home game.

So Watford arrive with their new manager on the back of a great start to the season.

I read on the club website that Big Bob is anticipating the potential need to change his game plan if Watford turn up with different tactics and shape to that which had served the previous manager to date this term.

I'm expecting the same sort of line up that we've seen so far, perhaps with Gudmundsson missing out due to a knock picked up whilst on international duty. We could see a debut for network player Bulot in his place.

It's a difficult one to predict. I've seen some great games against Watford over the years. One of the most memorable was back in the Selhurst days, Charlton turning a 1-3 deficit round to win 4-3.

In a flash of crazy premonition I'm going for Charlton to win in a 5-4 roller coaster. I might even have a punt on it.

Just as a foot note, with Piggott going out on loan, I wonder if this means a deals now in the pipeline to bring in another striker on loan with some experience and pedigree to bolster our attacking options?

One things for sure, a win tomorrow and the same on Tuesday night and I'll really start to believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment