Tuesday 23 August 2011

Powell rings the changes for Reading?

I didn't post regarding the Scunthorpe game as I was unable to make it to the match.  A draw at home to one of the relegated sides from the Championship not the end of the world, and we are still joint top on points and unbeaten.

Looking at Chris Powell's comments over the last few days, the draw at home to Scunthorpe and the Cup tie are going to give him the opportunity to make a few changes, one or two I suspect he has been itching to do but form has made this difficult.

Whilst he clearly is appreciative of Waggy's great start, I do get the distinct impression that he does fancy Green more and lets face it, regardless of pre season, if it was not for suspension it is the ex Dagger who would have started in the right midfield berth.

I also think that the opportunity will be taken to give Ben Hamer his debut. If he plays a blinder and keeps a clean sheet against what looks to be a very good Reading side he may well keep his place for the Bury game.

Other less significant changes I think may see Solly replaced at full back (I understand he was a touch shaky on Saturday) and one perhaps even two of the midfield rested.  (I think Jackson, Hollands and Stephens have been the major force behind our good start).  I'd like to see Bradley Pritchard get a full game, and certainly see more of Ruben Bover.  It's a bit cliched but I'd be quite happy to see a good game and Valiant performance, but going out in a closely fought match will allow us to concentrate on the league and get a defeat that doesn't really matter out of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment