Saturday 6 August 2011

Charlton v Bournemouth Preview


Being the first game of the season there is absolutely no real form to base any prediction on.

Bournemouth will be up for it, having lost quite a few of their stars from last season, two of them to us.  What will be interesting will be whether or not highly rate Danny Ings plays for them today.  He has been increasingly linked with us over the last 48 hours.  I would assume if he does not play then his signing may be a shoe in.

I've seen us twice in the latter part of the pre season program, both time against decent opposition (Den Bosch and Millwall)  and both times Powell fielding what I pretty much believe will be his starting line up, with the only changes being, I think, Hamer now between the sticks and Wagstaff in for the suspended Green. (It will be interesting to see what happens if Waggy plays a blinder).

Apparently the Bournemouth team had a lengthy delay on a nightmare of a journey and arrived at their hotel pretty late.

I'm going the optimist route on this one. Both teams will be up for it from the start, and I fully expect to see some very competitive tackling, but our quality will show through and I'm predicting 3-4 goals to the good at The Valley for Charlton on the opening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment