Tuesday 15 September 2015

Rotherham at home...

I'm really not a fan of the international breaks. They make the opening couple of the months disjointed, both for the team and for the fans in general. (Well that's my excuse for my own disjointed and lethargic start to blogging this season anyway).

So Sir Chris brings his Huddersfield to The Valley tonight, for the first league game under lights of the season.

Saturday saw our good start to the season, by ways of both performance and result stutter a little.

Some good passages of play were followed by a slight naivety in the final third, and to be fair to them Rotherham did a very good job of frustrating the Addicks when they did actually get the chance.

We move on, as they say that's yesterday's chip paper.

Tonight's side may well include newly loaned attacking wide man Conor McAleny who has joined us on a short term deal from Everton. Hopefully he will fit the bill, as I would much prefer to see Cousins playing a more central role with JBG out on the right.

The big thing to ponder is what to do up front. Big Mak, in my opinion, has certainly changed the course of the things in the last two home games. I think Saturday against Rotherham was his best performance so far in his fledgling Charlton career. (I also think given game time he will get better and better).

I wouldn't be surprised to see the big man start alongside Ahearne-Grant. I think Watt and Vetokele both still have some fitness issues and could do with a rest. And I'd be interested to see Ahearne Grants quick feet tested when enjoying the hold up play and flick one that we saw Big Mak execute on Saturday.

The defence is fine. (Yes even Morgan Fox, who just needs to achieve a bit mor consistency). Diarra was magnificent both defensively and charging forward to create attacking options against Rotherham.

I'm betting on a more alert frontline helping us to a 3-1 win.


No comments:

Post a Comment