Tuesday 11 January 2011

May the farce be with you!

Bookies favourites! We've seen a few since Parky was shown the door last week.

The first and most obvious one being Dennis Wise. Odds on at one point. I believe the bookies even stopped taking bets. I'm not ruling this, which in my opinion is the least desirable, out. But am begining to feel confident that if it hasn't happened by now, it never will.

Then there was the 'Howe' farce, which was not only fuelled by Palaces attempts to outdo whatever offer we had tabled, but by what would seem, was the ego driven behaviour of Eddie Howe himself.

When I read that he had cancelled training today to address his playing staff and explain what 'difficult decision' he had come to, I was convinced that he had accepted one of the three reported offers he had received from ourselves, Palarse and Burnely. To my surprise it was to tell the players exactly how much he loves them and Bournmouth, and how wonderful and loyal he is to stick with them. Queue much 'hazahhing', backslapping and grown Bournmouth players sobbing at their leader with joy! I think looking at it, albeit a very promising up and coming manager, Eddie Howe does seem to have shown himself to have a certain lack of maturity that would be needed to succeed in the Charlton job. (particularly with the heightened expectation levels that the new ownership have bought with them).

The trouble I see (and I eagerly await any torrent of disagreement and abuse) is that Parky, for all his faults, was not a completely bad manager, and when you look at the ever increasing talent pool of newly unemployed managers on the market, I don't really see any that bring anymore to the table than Phil already had done.

I hope whoever does take the hotseat, it happens soon, so we can get on with the business of strengthening the squad (with what's left of the transfer window) and pushing on up the league (s).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment