Saturday 29 November 2014

Please don't come back Sky TV

I don't like lunch time kick off's, never have. I'm a bit of a tradition, 3 o clock Saturday afternoon's when I want to be cheering the lads on.

I'm beginning to dislike the TV cameras even more. Whether it's Sky or terrestrial we never fair well.

Today's game, despite the late late nature of the winning goal, it really could have gone either way. Possession overall, plus shots on and off target there was nothing in it stat wise. However I felt we cut out better chances, but as has been for far too long looked a bit naive and not well enough drilled in what final pass to make or when to just go for it.

Harriott, Vetokele and Gudmundsson were all guilty of the above.

Now the unbeaten home records gone we can begin to realistically look at our chances for the rest of the season.

I think the squad is far too good to get dragged into a relegation scrape. If the right investment is made in the transfer window we could well still flirt with the play off places. We still need an experienced and self assured forward to partner Igor (come on RD, take a chance on that Bournemouth journeyman, the one I hear owns a house in South East London) someone with Championship experience who can chip in with ten goals in the second half of the season.

I'd also like to see an incisive winger and midfielder with proven Championship experience.

Failing the above I feel confident we can finish mid table.

It may seem a bit flat, but if mid table can be achieved, and RD perceivers with Big Bob for another season I think something we all enjoyed for the first half of the naughties can return to The Valley once more.

Disappointed, but not despondent. If we can enter the new year on 35 points, I'll be more than happy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment