Tuesday 24 June 2014

Looks like I'm about to start eating my words...

2.4 Million! This is apparently the amount we've paid to secure the services of Igor on a five year deal.

As the CAS Trust have stated on their own website, this could be a masterful piece of tactics in getting either or both Morrison and Poyet to commit to the cause. It also shows that RD is not solely about doing things on the cheap and importing Flemish stiffs to make the numbers up. (Although I do believe that we will still see a few 'squad' players loaned in from the network to provide some depth and cover).

I expect to see an eclectic mix of European players incoming to compliment the likes of Solly, Wilson and Wiggins. 

We will need to wait and see whether Peeeeeters has the right stuff as a coach, but he certainly seems to have a decent personality which he delivers with a grin, enthusiasm and pragmatism.

I think it's going to be an interesting few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment