Monday 16 January 2012

North versus South Part One...

That was one nerve racking afternoon on Saturday. Particularly after the commentator on BBC London DAB announced that there would be an extra 4 minutes played.  How I cringed when Wednesday won a corner and I heard Nicky Weaver was charging into the box.

Still alls well that ends well, I think this result really cements our credentials as serious promotion contenders, up there on merit and not riding our luck. (And believe me there are still some Addicks out there who are dubious of Powell's talents! I'm not one of them).

I watched the Jackson free kick on the suddenly re appearing football league show. An absolute cracker of a curling and dipping pace filled shot into the net.  Part of me both worries and wonders about the prospect of a higher league club sniffing around our excellent captain before February 1st.

Wiggins apparently clearing off of the line. It had it all.

The result leaving us in the fortunate position that we can actually afford a slip up at home against United and still be top. A draw and we keep them at distance, a win and we begin to pull away.

Now I've just got to get through the working week and hope to see us hit 60 points on Saturday. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. It was interesting, and a little funny, as Weaver ran past the half way line and hadn't even reached the penalty area when the corner was taken, and then turned and ran back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. Didn't show that on the bcc highlights. I'll have to watch late kick off tonight to see if there's extended highlights. I can just imagine weaver lumbering fowards none to sharply and then having to turn and bounce back. Too many pies/mars bars i'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete