Monday 2 January 2012

Brentford at home

There's this horrible thing myself and I'm sure other Charlton supporters, and infact football fans in general suffer from. Random attacks of pessimism!

After the none game that was away to Orient on Old Years night, ruined courtesy of the referee/Ben Hamer depending which way you look at it, and a tight win at Yeovil preceeded by a couple of draws, I'm getting a bit worried (almost certainly unnecessarily so). There's the old adage of Charlton coming down with the Christmas decorations, which is not statistically true - but these kind of thugs stick within the physcee of your average football fan. And who could forget the hideous second half of last season.

I know that when I rationally look at things, the squad we have, the way the season has panned out so far, our manager the likelihood of any kind of capitulation during the second half of the season is pretty unlikely.

There, that bit of irrational negativity now off my chest. I fully expect us to turn the corner on some shaky results/performances today and stick it to Brentford. It won't be easy, in they have a clever tactitian of a manager, so will come with a game plan, on the upside they do not have any ex Addicks to come and stick the knife in.

I'm going for a hard fought 3-1 win to The Addicks.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment