Saturday 24 November 2012

The Generation Game

I make no apologies for the hugely self indulgent nature of this post!

My Dad, after much badgering took me to my first ever Charlton game back in 1981. After one or two more ad hoc games he brought me to he finally went the hole hog and bought me a half season ticket as a Christmas present. One of those moments in life that has stuck with me ever since. The big hug and genuine thanks for a present that has fundamentally effected my life and given me so much during the last thirty years of laughs, enjoyment, pain, swearing, nail-biting, more swearing, away days and all of those other football things I hope to pass onto my own kids.

Sadly he passed away this month, and amongst his many legacies one will be a whole other two generations of Addicks to enjoy (?) many days of more laughs, enjoyment, pain, swearing, nail biting, more swearing, away days etc etc etc. Cheers Dad x


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I have my Dad to thank for my love of the Addicks too. Sorry to read about your sad loss Scoops, but I am sure everytime you take your seat at The Valley, he will be there as well watching.

    ReplyDelete