Saturday 17 March 2012

Whoops!







So it's not panic stations quite yet. I've been one of the many bemoaning the moaners and with the Mantra of 'we're still seventeen points clear from third place' followed by 'we're still eleven points clear from third spot', now I'm going to say it 'we're still nine points clear of the play off melee'. A midweek visit from Yeovil and then a home game against Huddersfield and I'm really hoping that next Saturday I won't be saying 'oh dear, there's only three points in it!'

Being Charlton, we never do things the easy way, but this is starting to make my you know what squeak a touch.

The idea of being pulled into the horror show of the play off's fills me with dread. But remembering last season awful run where we just could not buy a win anything it would seem is possible.

I was not at the game, but looking at the stats, Scunthorpe looked more likely to nick the points, I expect to be fully enlightened by bloggers that were actually at the game.

Ho hum. A hideous trio of Charlton results must surely be followed by an arrest of this promotion wobble (let's be honest it always happens to the teams who finally go up) mustn't it?

I'll be there on Tuesday night willing the lad's to put in a performance, and even more importantly pick up three points to keep our nine point cushion as we edge ever hopefully closer to the end of the season and eventual promotion.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment