Wednesday 30 November 2011

Get that open top bus ready...



Okay perhaps I'm being over the top here, but as I look back over the past thirty years I've supported Charlton I realise that despite the glory glory premiership years I've only been lucky enough to witness four promotion campaigns. '81, '86, '98 and 2000. (Oh and a Full Members Cup Final).

Another great win for the Addicks.  Huddersfield tried hard to break us down but I think they'll know in their heart of hearts the best team won on the night.

It's great fun being a Charlton supporter at the moment, if not a little difficult to blog, because there's just not much to moan about right now.

Chris Powell showed his managerial bravery in bringing on Hughes so early. And what an eye he has for a player in the temporary Jackson loan replacement of Ephraim.

Industrious and with a resolute will to win the Addicks to a man look every part Champions elect from where I'm standing at the moment. I know there's some way to go, but this latest result and performance just further goes to show how far we've come since last season.

The only possible fly in the proverbial ointment was the 'sinister' lurking presence of Neil Lennon in the crowd, who apparently was there to watch Huddersfields on form striker, but would have been given quite some food for thought from Charlton's first half performance. We can only hope that the club owners are more interested in the long term opportunities of keeping this squad of players together rather than looking at making a fast buck in January.

Carlisle in the cup on Saturday gives the manager a chance to rest some of our key men and the rest of us a chance to calm down a touch.

It's taken me a few days after the match to post as I am now only just starting to feel normal following post post match liquid celebrations on Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment