Wednesday 13 July 2011

Fantasy football - in Spain

Charlton first half: Sullivan, Solly, Doherty, Andersen, Wiggins, Green, Stephens, Pritchard, Davisson, Hayes, Williams.


Charlton second half: Elliot, Diaz, Taylor, Morrison, Evina, Wagstaff, Bover-Izquierdo, Hollands, Jackson, Benson, Wright-Phillips.


.Why did we have to win last night?  Don't get me wrong, I’m delighted with the pre season so far.  I know once the first ball of the season is kicked in earnest pre season friendly results disappear into the mists of time.  But only a few years ago, 'away' to Bristol City would be the type of game I would have been more than half expecting to win. As opposed to the last couple of years, where in all reality due to league position and playing staff I would clearly class us as underdogs.

Two games into pre season and I am now daring to dream seriously of a championship winning season. Sweeping all before us, with the odd 'shock' defeat thrown in to keep things a bit nervy/interesting!

We've still got two good tests in Cardiff and Millwall, where I do expect us to give a really good account of ourselves, plus the games against lower league sides.

From what I’ve read Bover-Izquierdo looks like he may be an absolute little gem in the making.  In fact I’ve not really read any poor feedback about the midfield (sorry Victor, it would seem you'll not be missed) which will give Chris Powell some very healthy selection problems if they all live up to the early hype/expectations.

Can't wait for Friday night’s game, it's actually becoming fun rather than purgatory being a Charlton supporter again. Let’s hope it continues

No comments:

Post a Comment