Monday 13 June 2011

An interesting week ahead in SE7

Hopefully an interesting few days ahead in SE7 for us Addicks. The Carling Cup first round draw on Thursday, followed by the league one fixtures being released on Friday.

I'm hoping both events will precipitated by a couple or more signings.

There have been lots of names bandied about. Hayes and Wiggins are two names that are being repeatedly linked, but have been for a few weeks.

With our first pre season friendly a little less than a month away I hope the squad begins to take shape soon. With those going gone, and those incoming arrived and ready for business.

As far as the opening day fixture goes, I'd like it to be a home game against one of the fancied sides. Get it out of the way, a fresh team starting off, and a confidence boosting win. Sheffield Wednesday or United would do me.

The idea of an away day to Stevenage or one of the other new boys would fill me with dread. A team used to winning against what they would view as a major scalp. I'd much rather we had gathered some momentum before we have to face these types of banana skins.

I'm certain there will be plenty to talk about over the coming five days.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment