Friday 13 May 2011

A cunning plan

There seem to be a few worried Addicks out there, post Chris Powell's intimation that his 'war chest' for next season is not that great.

I've got one or two thoughts on it myself.

When it comes to negotiating, in any business, it's never a great idea to let who your buying from know what you've got in your purse, or how much you are willing to spend. And this is particulary relevant to transfer fee's in football. We've all seen Chelsea and Man City pay ludicrously over the odd's for a variety of decent players. The same happens in any division when the seller believes the buyer has a pot full. Perhaps it is just a case of Chris and the board setting their stall out, and playing their hand very close. It would make sense, make negotiations a lot easier and quicker. Thus enabling us to assemble the squad that the management want as early and quickly as possible for our assault on the third division.

Food for thought.

I've read that it's looking like Bessone may sign. I hope he does not become complacent (as Kyle Reid seemed to) if he does get a contract, and returns to the form I enjoyed watching when he first joined on loan.

Finally, google Charlton football transfer rumours. It gives me a couple of minutes fun during the working day when I want some down time. Mental post's with mad rumours. Apparently Shaun Wright Phillips has been convinced to join Charlton from Champions League bound Man City so he can spend more time with his dad in London (who apparently was responsible for talking him into joining us) and full fill his ambition of playing in the same side as his brother Bradley. Nuts!

I'm predicting three signings by June 1st.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment