Saturday 19 February 2011

Charlton v Exeter Preview (and Jacks first game)

I'm more excited than I probably should be at the prospect of a third division home match against Exeter City.

This is due in part to the excellent work the new board have been doing to create an occasion out of such a fixture. The 'official' launch of the new big screen combined with the premiership reminiscent prematch entertainment, what is going to be a bumper crowd thanks to the five quid any seat deal, something I know a lot of supporters have taken to heart and activley encouraged lapsed Addicks to take up. And more importantly my son Jacks first ever visit to the Valley. Mine was back in eighty one when we beat Gillingham in our last third division promotion season.

What will be interesting will be how the players and management team react to that first defeat against Hartlepool. Will Sir Chris feel it obligatory to shuffle the pack on the back of a loss and what I hear was a poor performance. I think we may see Reid back on the left with Jackson (in my opinion consistently our best player this term so far) pushed back to left back, Ecclestone out on the right once again with Wright Phillips and a n other partnering him. If fit I'd like to see Anysiha up top with BWP.

I'm going to go for a Charlton 2 1 win for no other reason than we do seem to do 'big occasions' well and it's my sons first game.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment